If you landed here from axleworks.ca (check it out if you didn't) then you already know the story of the historic big beautiful limestone building we reside in, across from Gananoque town hall.
It started with Shannon, her love for style and her love for architectural salvage. She was fortunate enough to have Shawna wander in one day - merchandiser spec-ta-culare! Together (although Shawna has moved on after 8 years and Kenna has joined the crew) we strive to keep you feeling good, to keep things light and humourous, to provide an environment you are comfortable in. You never know what kind of Shananigans we'll drag you into.
We love our local community so when we buy, it's for you. When we make our seasonal picks for the store, we've always got someone in mind. Our bread and butter is YOU, and our bricks and mortar store, but we are excited to now provide more of an online offering and shop-able Instagram for our far away friends and seasonal customers.
We are also proud to be a 1% for the Plant Business! As part of our commitment to the environment, we donate 1% of our revenue to nonprofits within the 1% for the Planet community.
We also signed the Sustainable Tourism 2030 Pledge, to demonstrate our commitment to improving the sustainability performance of our business between now and 2030.
The UN World Tourism Organization defines sustainable tourism as “tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social and environmental impacts, addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment and host communities.”
Each year, we commit to measuring and improving our sustainability performance in the following ways:
1. Taking on the expense to offer Carbon-neutral shipping only - provided by Shopify/Planet App, and pick-up options for online orders.
2. Continued use of 100% recycled paper bags and reuse of incoming order packaging for all orders shipped out
3. Annual donations to 1% for the Planet foundation.
4. Use eco-friendly cleaning products in-store.
5. Using energy star certified equipment and LED lighting.
6. Continued improvement goals set.
7. Mandatory annual performance reviews.
Shopping should feel good and do good!
-xo- The SSG Team