The holidays can be stressful enough without having to worry about what gifts to buy. We all have that one person that is impossible to buy for or someone who (we think) has everything, or that person who always says "oh don't buy me anything" but would, in fact, love a little something.
We've created this handy gift guide for you to help ease the shopping stress. These gifts might seem small or simple, but they are mighty!! These are everyday life items that people will actually make use of.
Gifts For Her:
1. The Gleam Blanket Scarf: You just can't go wrong with a blanket scarf. Everyone wants one, and everyone should have one. In-store we have a few options. Pictured above left is our Tofino Towel Scarf - it's lightweight, compact, eco-friendly, and handmade by traditional artisans in Turkey. We've also got our chunky, unbelievably soft, and in many colours/patterns, scarves from C'est Moi (right).
2. All the Jewellery All the Time: We definitely have a piece of jewellery that will work for that special someone. We carry so many unique pieces, handmade jewels by artists from Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and more. Our jewels come in many compositions from sterling silver, bronze, gold plated, acrylics, and semi-precious gems.
3. The Perfect Wallet: We love both of the wallet options shown above. The Vera Vintage Wallet is for your girl who loves her classic leather wallet but wants a more sustainable option, enter the world of vegan leather - it's a dream! For the ladies that prefer a fabric wallet, and something more casual, don't worry we got you covered too! The Herschel Thomas+ is a clutch style, ample room for cards, likely to fit your phone, and has an end to end zipper closure.
4. The Gift of Self Care: Sometimes you just need to go home, light a decadent candle, have a little bit of vino, and your BFF probably wants that too. Why not give her a little self-care package. Check out this combo: The Vancouver Candle Co. candles have THE MOST beautiful scents that induce serious relaxation, The Corkcicle Hybrid Canteen is perfect to keep her traveling white wine chilled, twist off the bottom and you've got yourself a cup - keep your beverage cold for up to 12 hours (this can also be used for the water you will need after polishing off that bottle).
5. The Gal Who Chases The Sun: While we can't help you with purchasing an airline ticket, we can help with some essentials that everyone needs for southbound travel. Do you know someone traveling soon? First things first, they need sunscreen so the Salt and Stone SPF 30 is a must. It's the perfect all-natural protection for face and body, reef safe, and cruelty-free! The Salt and Stone Natural Deodorant will more than likely be necessary for spending all day in the sun and heat. Last but not least, the only top they will need to pack, is The Hayley Racerback - the most comfortable and versatile tank EVER! Wear it as an underlayer instead of a bra, wear it with those cheeky denim shorts and a kimono, or wear it with your high rise satin maxi skirt for dinner out. We carry this number in black, olive, and white. We've also got cheap and cheerful sunglasses that you won't cry over if you lose ;-).
Gifts For Him:
1. A New Wallet: I have to say, I've never met a man that didn't need a new wallet. We've got some options for you from Herschel, of which in my humble opinion, make the best wallets for dudes. For the guys that don't carry much, we've got a couple of choices: The Raven+ and The Charlie+. These are cardholders more than anything, nice and compact. The Charlie comes with a few more card slots and the Raven features a money clip! For the guy that always carries cash and saves every receipt (George Costanza wallet anyone?), The Hank C+ is exactly what he's looking for.
2. PJ's and T-shirts: Yes Please! Cozy flannel pants and the best tees known to man, who wouldn't want that gift? The Flannel Pajama is such a classic Christmas gift and our Ben Sherman plaid won't disappoint. Pair them with the Kuwalla Tee 3-Pack and you are all set for a cozy evening!
3. Socks and Undies: It’s not as unexciting as it sounds! With the invention of SAXX underwear and the trend of funky socks, it’s a game-changer. Lots of fun prints in our fitted boxer style SAXX and note we also now have the brief if those athletic legs don’t jive with the fitted boxer. We have so many bright coloured comical socks from pizza, bacon, beer, to bananas!! Come and check out our UpTown Sox collection. If you are looking for a more classic sock, Obey does them the best - find comfort in the Cooper Tube Socks.
4. Corkcicle 25oz Canteen: These are just great gifts no matter who it's for. Be environment-friendly and keep your coffee hot if you’re on an all-day adventure.
5. Everyone Needs A Toque: It is a fail-safe gift, you literally can't go wrong with a toque. We love the Carrier Beanie from Element - stay warm and look stylin’!
Hopefully, we’ve sparked some inspiration! Happy holiday shopping. As always, come into the shop we’ll help you pick out the perfect gifts for all the special people in your life.
The SSG Team